“Successful people are simply those with successful Habits”- Brain Tracy.
These words by Tracy explain what makes successful people different from the ordinary ones. They say that one’s you start seeing results, winning becomes a habit.
Successful people don’t do different things, but they do things differently. To become successful in life it requires years of hard work and courage. I say courage here because success doesn’t come easy. It is built on the foundation of many failures.
Failure is evident and such an important part of our life that it spares no one. It happens to all. Even the most successful people have seen the worst failures of life and therefore today they are highly successful.
So what do successful exactly do, that makes them different from ordinary people. Today I am going to share with you 8 most powerful habits successful people follow.
I assure you, that if you start following these powerful habits you too can be successful in life.
So let’s see what powerful habits they follow:
# 1. Waking up early:
Starting your day as early as possible is the best way to kick start the day. You may have heard that legends either go to sleep at 5 in the morning or wake up at 5 in the morning. Waking up early gives you positive energy and more time than others to complete your task for the day.
# 2. Staying healthy physically and mentally:
Health is wealth. If you are healthy and fit you can perform well. Having a healthy mind and body is the key to success. We often ignore this aspect in the wake of our work which reduces our efficiency. Successful practice meditation and keep themselves healthy so that they can do their work maximum potential.
# 3. They read a lot:
Reading enhances our sphere of knowledge. The more you read the more you know, the more you know, you develop a habit of better understanding the issues and thus help you take better decisions in your life.
Reading habits keep you well informed about things happening in society and thus gives you better perspective about life and its challenges.
The wealthiest person of world Mr. Warren Buffet says that all his money and wealth that we see is the result of his reading habit. This is how powerful a reading habit can make you.
# 4. They love what they do:
More than 90% of people in this world do the job they aren’t interested in. Yes, that’s true and the rest 10% are the most successful people because they love what they do.
Steve Jobs one the most successful person said: “the only way to do great work is love what you do”.
In this way, your efficiency and productivity multiply and once you enjoy doing that work, results are bound to be great. That’s the mantra for successful people.
So if you haven’t found one, keep looking for it.
# 5. They plan in advance:
Planning is key to every work you undertake to do. If you have a plan then execution is an easy task. Successful people always have a plan for any work they do. If plan A doesn’t work they will have plan B, but they won’t settle for anything less than their standard. They never compromise on quality.
If you fail to plan you are planning to fail.
# 6. They are Risk-takers:
Muhammad Ali said, “He who is not courageous enough to take risk can never accomplish anything in life”. The fear of failure doesn’t allow us to take the risk; as a result, we never unlock our true potential.
Take a calculated risk, if you succeed you will be happy, if you fail you will we wise. To achieve great things risk has been taken and that is what successful people do.
# 7. They always welcome criticism:
We all love praises being showered upon us. It’s a way of appreciating one’s success. But what about when you fail? Are you courageous enough to take criticism?
This is where difference lies between successful and ordinary people. Successful people always welcome criticism. This attitude helps them do even better and reach their set goal.
If you take criticism in a positive way, it will motivate you to perform better next time and ignite the fire in you.
# 8. Self-belief:
Highly successful people don’t depend on anyone. They have a firm belief in their hard work, their goal and they know how to achieve it. This is what makes their personality infectious.
They keep themselves motivated and also the people around them. They will accept failure, but will never get defeated and will always keep trying no matter how many times they fail.
Lastly, I would insist that you never give up in life, and any time if you feel low, just read about most successful people like Michael Jordan, Jack Ma, J.K Rowling. These are few great personalities who have encountered countless failure before tasting success. It will motivate you in life to dream and achieve your goal.